Posted on : 4 Dec 2017 0 CommentsAll News
Becky joined us as an Associate Recruitment Consultant 3 months ago and has brought with her a great sense of humour to add to the office culture here at Parity Consulting. Have a read of what she had to say about working at Parity…
- How long have you been at Parity?
- What role were you in before you joined Parity? Teaching Assistant
(a) What were your main responsibilities in this role?
Teaching small groups of Primary School teachers
- What motivated you to leave your previous role?
Moving from Hong Kong
- What is your role at Parity?
- Why did you think you would be suitable for this role?
I previously worked as a Client Account Manager for a company that provided Employee Assistance Programs so I liaised regularly with HR departments.
- How did you find the interview process at Parity?
Rigorous! Exhausting! Like an episode out of Dragon’s Den!
- What did you know about Parity before joining?
I had researched the website and I knew a couple of people who had been in contact with Parity for roles in the past.
- What were your initial thoughts on the role?
It sounded great – entry level to a new career that I could build!
- How did you go about making your decision to join Parity?
I spoke to a few friends in Marketing, HR and recruitment to get an idea of whether I would be a suitable fit for the role and whether it’s the sort of job that I would be able to juggle part time.
- What were your thoughts at the end of your first week at Parity:
- on the role? Wow, talk about steep learning curve!
- on the people? Lovely!
- How have you found the transition from your previous role to your role at Parity?
Good, I think that after 3 months I am finally finding my feet with some things!
- What have you enjoyed about working at Parity?
The team support. The office is lovely too – it does make a difference to walk in to a nice environment.
- What have you found difficult during your time at Parity?
The 1 month plan was hard to achieve given that I only worked 8 days in the first month due to my part time hours.
- How would you describe the team dynamics and culture at Parity?
Work hard, play hard! I love the fact that successes are celebrated and that team work is the backbone of what happens here.
- What qualities do you think you have brought to the team?
Hopefully my sense of humour and the fact that I don’t take myself too seriously!
- What would you consider to be your professional strengths?
Natural interest in other people and a desire to help.
- What qualities do you possess that have benefited you in this role?
Confidence to pick up the phone.
- What do you think you could develop/change/improve about yourself that would benefit you in your current role?
The handover document has been so helpful.
I am also working on a Job Briefing document that I will use when the consultant are briefing me for resourcing so that I don’t miss any critical info.
I have started a document with the bullet points for summary sheets so that I am prepared for if I have to ask candidates for this information.
My memory is not my strength so I need to create the systems to compensate for this.
- What would you consider to be your most rewarding/proud achievement?
I am still waiting for one of my candidates to be offered a role, that will be a buzz. In the meantime I’ll be pretty happy when I accurately book a meeting in Vic’s diary!!
Delivery of the first Parity Thought Talk was really great – everyone said they were really interested and loved it.
- Describe a person in your career that had an impact on you – positive or negative – how so?
I admire people who successfully juggle work and home. I have worked with a few women and men like that.
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
Hopefully at Parity as a recruitment consultant!
Becky has been a wonderful addition to our growing team here at Parity. She is working closely within the Marketing and Communications area and can be contacted on email@example.com or on +61 2 8599 9026.Share