Posted on : 2 Apr 2020 0 CommentsAll News , Blogs
No doubt these are super challenging times for everyone and we all have to come up with some creative survival strategies to make the best of the situation we find ourselves in. Whilst many of us may be working from home, juggling a household of partners/family/housemates/children, going into the office or transitioning between roles; without the normal day-to-day interactions and routine can become somewhat stressful.
People who know me know that I have always been an advocate for life-time learning and one of the key
I will try to make the most out of being locked in and try to do something that will keep me going; make me feel better; develop or upgrade some of my skills and of course have some fun.
Here are a few ideas on what you could consider whilst in isolation:
– Learn a new language or brush up on the one you already have some knowledge of. There are many great apps and online platforms for learning languages, including Babbel, duolingo, busuu and many more.
– Keep up to date with your industry knowledge. No matter which industry you are in, this is a time for change and keeping up with what is happening will set you up for a success once we are back to normal.
– Professional courses and training. There is no better time than now to take up some online-courses and training in your field. With today’s technology, you can up-skill and learn new skills at your own pace.
– Learn a new skill. Whether it is baking, knitting, playing an instrument or brewing beer, you will benefit from learning a new skill in the long term – and the bonus is that you will have some fun doing something that is not work related! On the top of my list is to learn how to play Mahjong, and I am organizing my friend’s children to teach me via Skype.
– Read a book, join a book club. Whether you want to escape from reality with some fiction, gain some expert insight on a subject or simply get motivated, endless numbers of books, ebooks and audio books are waiting to be read and explored.
– Get inspired. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many galleries, museums and art centers have opened free online viewing rooms and made their collections available to the public, along with great musical and theater performances that are now free to watch.
Whatever you choose to do during this difficult and transitional time, I hope you make the most of it and take the time to learn something new – I know I will! After all, in the famous words of one Dr. Seuss –
“The more that you read, the more things you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you’ll go”.
Agnes Villanyi is a Senior Consultant at Parity Consulting – specialising in Product Management and Product Development roles across Asset and Wealth Management. An avid ice skater, experimental Italian cook and trained personal stylist, Agnes is passionate about identifying great talent and helping them achieve their ambitions and progress their careers in Product.
For a confidential discussion about opportunities in Product Management and Product Development in 2019, contact Agnes Villanyi on +61 405 395 021 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Share